Currently, we are (slowly) working on redecorating our family room and I am having a hard time with decided what to do on the wall above our couch.
It has been blank for over a year now and it's driving me crazy! Bill used to have 2 large art pieces hanging over the couch that I was not a fan of, so we sold them. When I moved in the room was so drab... Brown and tan everywhere blah! Since then, we've added our marble coffee table and I just got new teal blue curtains and throw pillows to bring in some more color. Next is purchasing a new grey sectional and getting rid of the ugly brown sofa and love seat. I will be so happy when that is done!
I want to wait to put anything on the wall until we ave our new sectional to make sure everything is centered, but I want to start brainstorming ideas now.
Here are my top ideas for decorating the wall above the couch:
1 | Gallery Wall
| via |
| via |
I like this idea of the gallery wall because I can incorporate so many meaningful things like a wedding photo, artwork, random frames and decor, etc. I just don't know if I want the wall to be too "busy."
2 | Floating Shelves
| via |
I like the idea of floating shelves because it gives more structure to the look. You can also change out the art / frames easily with out putting more holes in the wall. It would take less planning and preparation than the gallery wall.
3 | One main focal point
| via |
| via |
Or we could just have one main focal point like a custom art piece, large canvas portrait from our wedding or a large mirror like the one below:
| Starburst Mirror |
Which is your favorite?
How would you decorate a blank wall?





