OBX Family Vacation Recap

I'm baaaaaaack!! Did you miss me? Sorry for being MIA on the blog lately, but we were so busy having fun on our family vacation to the Outer Banks last week! The week actually flew by and now I'm slowly working on getting back into the swing of reality. 

I wanted to share a few photos and highlights from our trip. We were in Corolla, NC which is just north of Duck and Kitty Hawk (which are popular spots in the Outer Banks). We stayed in a 5 bedroom, 4 bath house right by the beach with it's own pool which was so nice! We had plenty of space for all 3 of our families and kids plus the grandparents. There were 8 adults and 5 kids, all of which were under the age of 5 (and 3 of which were babies!)!! So, I wouldn't necessarily use the word 'relaxing' to describe our vacation, but it sure was fun! 

Ever since I told Camden that we were going to visit the beach this summer, he hasn't stopped talking about it. He loves sea creatures, fish, sharks, etc and we always have to visit the aquarium when we go to the zoo because he loves it so much! So, I was really excited to see his reaction to seeing the beach for the first time. He wasn't so sure about the sand at first, but after a while he learned to love it! 

(cover up - only $14 and comes in a lot of colors! | sunglasses

Bennett enjoyed sitting in the sand, although he tried to eat it several times so I tried to keep him away from it while we were there! But, he loved being at the beach and watching the waves, sticking his toes in the water and watching the seagulls. I also brought along this portable, sand/water proof beach blanket which worked perfect for him and the babies to sit and crawl around on. 

(my suit - I love this one!)
Camden also really loved swimming in the pool! Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos at the pool. But, we loved using this puddle jumper and this float for Bennett while in the pool. Camden woke up every morning asking if he could go swimming! I think we have a little fishy on our hands!

I was also happy that we were able to get some good family photos on the beach. I brought along my nice camera, lens and tripod in order to get some nicer quality photos of everyone and their families. It was quite the task to get everyone dressed and ready for the pictures, but it was all worth it in the end when we saw the results!

(my dress - on sale for 40% off! Runs small, I am wearing a medium)

I was especially happy that we got a photo with the grandparents and all the grandkids! Bennett's face cracks me up in this pic!


We also were able to pull off a family photo of the whole group!


All in all it was a fun trip! If you'd like me to post more specifics about traveling with the boys or tips on what to pack for toddlers/babies going to the beach, let me know in the comments and I'll work on a post!

Hope you all are having a great week so far! 

Shop the post:


3 comments

  1. So much fun!! Something about kids at the beach is just soo magical! You guys got some awesome pictures of the 4 of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a great vacation! What special memories you made, both boys look like they love the beach/water. I'm definitely looking at that coverup for our Florida vacation in a couple months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures!!! Love your off the shoulder dress! We are taking Hadley to the beach for the first time this weekend and I'm slightly nervous/mostly excited to see if she loves it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!