Saw it, Pinned it, Did it // WW Santa Fe Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing



 photo WeightWatchersSantaFeSaladRecipe_zpse8ea7877.png


That's right ladies and gents...I actually made one of the many (and I mean MANY) recipes I have pinned on my Closet Foodie pin board! Can you believe it?! I have been trying to eat better over the last few months and have started to get somewhat tired of the same old salad or baked chicken with veggies for dinner...So, recently I've been searching and pinning healthy dinner options. This one looked pretty good and when I saw it was a Weight Watchers salad (only 3 points per serving) I was stoked!
 
Here's what ya need (yields 8 servings, via WeightWatchers.com): 
  • 6 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
  • 3 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
  • 3 Tbsp water
  • 1 medium uncooked scallion(s), minced
  • 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice 
  • 2 tsp sugar - I actually used 1 packet of Splenda and tastes the same as sugar and less cals
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  •  15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
  •  1 1/2 cup(s) cooked corn kernels, fresh or frozen
  •  2 cup(s) grape tomatoes
  •  1 medium sweet red pepper(s), cut into thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
  •  8 cup(s) (shredded) romaine lettuce, cut into thick shreds (about 2 hearts) - I used 1 bag of shredded Iceberg and 1 bag of chopped Romain.
  •  
     
    // Directions //
     
    To make dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cilantro, water, scallion, lime juice, sugar and chili powder until smooth. Transfer to a jar or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
 photo 4d9db2bf-030e-4aa0-969a-7b0900d97280_zps95b4409c.jpg
 
 photo 09de450a-d1fd-44e5-83b1-12329a75ecac_zpsea6bcb0e.jpg
 
 
In a large bowl or food storage container, layer remaining ingredients in order listed; cover and refrigerate. (The layering is important so that the lettuce does not wilt or start to brown)
 
 photo 66296cde-21fb-4630-82a6-21b4976e6bdf_zpscfec1a77.jpg  
{I used some of Bill's parents' canned sweet corn from their garden...delish!}
 
 photo 62079b5f-da8a-4dfe-ab7d-cbbb7c3c271f_zps703503f5.jpg  
To serve, spoon salad ingredients into a bowl. Shake dressing and then drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Yields about 2 cups of salad and 1 1/2 tablespoons of dressing per serving.

This salad can be stored (in layers as mentioned above) in the fridge for up to 4 days.

 photo b6720579-3ff7-401b-b4f1-f2d04f4d383f_zps5a209051.jpg

I also added crumbled tortilla chips as a salad topper (not pictured). Bill had a great idea to make this salad in the Summer for a BBQ and add grilled chicken.

This salad is yummy, zesty and full of nutrition goodness from all the veggies!

 I'm linking up with Katie and Steph for Saw it, Pinned it, Did it! Hop on over to their blogs and check out some more Pinterest projects!

Don't forget: I will announce the winner of my March Favs Giveaway ft. Stella & Dot earrings tomorrow morning! You still have time to enter {here}!

8 comments

  1. Just found you from the spd link up! Loving your blog and this recipe! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so yummy! Minus the mayonnaise haha. I'd have to substitute that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hungry before but now my stomach is growling. I cannot WAIT to make this. It sounds like something I would devour!!! Thanks for participating in the linkup...otherwise I'd never have known about this awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I have this pinned as well, definitely going to make it! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try this recipe, STAT!! Looks ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy! I am definitely pinning this so I can make it later. Stopping by from the SPD link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Sante Fe salad from McDonalds! I'm definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks good! I'm always looking for new salad ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!