{photo by Jenny Beck Photography, from my bachelorette party recap post here}
A little about me:
My name is Lindsay and I’m 32 years old living in
Columbus, Ohio with my husband Bill, our son Camden (almost 9 months) and our dog,
Charlie.
I actually started blogging over 3 years ago with a blog
titled “Last Year of Twenty-Something” to document my last year in my twenties.
Well, you can guess when I turned 30 I realized if I wanted to continue the
blog I should probably change the name. About the time I started this blog
(Lovely Life Styling), I tried to start a little side ‘daydream’ career of party
planning and styling. I had a few little gigs here and there and even contemplated
getting into the competitive world of wedding planning, but landed a pretty
good job with my current company and decided that was no longer feasible. I
decided to continue LLStyling as a “Lifestyle” blog, sharing about my life,
fashion, food, home decor, planning our wedding and now it’s a lot about baby too!
{photo by Together We Click. View all wedding related posts here}
1. Favorite
food:
I’m what I like
to call a “closet foodie” so I’m all about trying new things. My go-to meals
are always comfort food. I’m your typical Midwestern girl and love my meat and
potatoes! But, I love a good fresh salad in the summer too.
2.
Flip flops or high heels:
On any given
day, you will find me in flip flops or flats. On a dressy date night or going
to a wedding, I will wear heels.
3.
Favorite places to shop for yourself:
Nordstrom, Old
Navy, Target, J.Crew Factory, Shopbop (just to name a few)
4.
Standard Coffee order:
Currently
loving iced coffee with 1 Splenda and a splash of half and half. In the fall
and winter, I’m all about my pumpkin spice or peppermint mocha!
5.
Road trip must have snack:
Chex Mix and
Diet Coke.
6.
DIY or hire it out?
I’d love to be
better about DIY-ing and saving some money… But, to be honest we are big on
hiring out. We even hired a painter for Cam’s nursery, which is tiny…
7.
Top 5 TV shows:
Housewives of
(fill in the blank), Bachelor/Bachelorette, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Friends
8.
Favorite Book:
Most recently,
Gone Girl. Since Cam, I’ve only been reading baby books! I need to start reading
for pleasure again.
9.
Favorite Form of Exercising:
Running.
Currently training for a half marathon in October.
10.
How tall are you?
5’3” aka shorty
11.
Do you try something new at restaurants or stick to your favorites?
I like trying
something new, but have my favorite dishes at a handful of places.
12.
One make up item you can't live without:
It’s a tie
between under eye concealer (hello mommy dark circles) and mascara.
13.
What's on your nightstand?
A small gold
box for my rings and earrings, Moms on Call book, lamp, a small picture frame
with one of Cam’s ultra sound photos. At night, my phone and the monitor.
14.
What's one thing motherhood has taught you?
Patience! Babies
change every day. It’s great to have a routine to keep you sane, but sometimes
you have to roll with the punches!
15.
Music that reminds you of high school:
I have to go
with Annie on this one and say Dave Matthews Band!
16.
If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city where would
you live?
Probably
somewhere in the South, like the Carolinas… But, I really love Columbus and the
Midwest!
17.
Tell us something about you we might not know:
My good friend
from college and I used to play music for wedding ceremonies. I played acoustic
guitar and she plays violin like a pro! I always said she made me sound good,
because I was (and still am) an amateur.
18.
Websites you read/browse (besides blogs):
Pinterest,
On-line shopping sites, facebook.
19.
Morning person or Night owl?
I am a night
owl by nature, but ever since baby I’ve become more of a morning person.
20.
Favorite Breakfast meal:
Good ol’ eggs,
bacon and home fries! And lots of coffeeeeeee!
Tag you're it!


