My 10 Minute Everyday Make Up Routine

I totally planned to make a video showing how I apply my make up, but that is easier said than done! Maybe one day when the stars align, my babies are sleeping, no one else is in the house, the lighting is perfect and I have nothing else to do... But, until then I hope some still frames will suffice!


I've got my morning make up routine down to a science these days. My normal wake time is between 6 - 6:30 depending on how many times I hit my snooze button. I try my best to get out of bed BEFORE my boys wake up (which is typically between 6:30 - 7am). If it is one of those awesome days I get up before the boys then I will quickly grab a cup of coffee, change my clothes, brush my hair or throw it up in a top knot and do my make up so I'm ready for the day.

I've timed my make up routine a few times and it's always around 10 minutes. Depending on what we are doing for the day, sometimes I will omit some steps like eyeshadow or contouring, etc. But, most days, this is my routine.

Here is the order of how I put on my make up (I first wash my face and then apply this moisturizer before applying my make up for the day):


BASE

1. Maybelline BB Cream in Light/Medium - I apply this all over my face evenly with a damp beauty blender. I love how light it feels and yet it helps to brighten the tone of my skin. I'd say this BB cream has light to medium coverage. If I want a little more coverage I will use a CC cream (this one is on my wish list. It has so many great reviews from other bloggers) or foundation, but I don't use those for everyday make up. 

2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Treatment Concealer, brightener (say that 3 times fast!) - You guys this stuff is where it's at. I have tried so many different under eye concealers, color correctors, brighteners and this one hands down is the best at covering my dark circles. It works because of the pinkish hues that offset the purple and blue tones under my eyes. If you are a new mom... or just a mom.... or just someone that has dark circles in general, you must try this! I dab the sponge under my eyes and into the corners to cover the dark areas, then smooth out with my beauty blender. 

3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Treatment Concealer, in Light - I know what you're thinking... and no, this post is not sponsored by Maybelline! I just love their products so much. And it may seem over kill that I use a brightener under my eyes first and then this concealer, but it works! I'll add a little bit of this under my eyes to give it more of a natural skin tone and then I'll use this to touch up any blemishes on my face. 


EYES

4. MAC paint pot in 'Painterly' - I bought a slew of MAC make up products for my wedding make up and this is the one product I continue to buy over and over again. I've tried a few other drug store eye lid/eyeshadow primers and nothing compares to this! I sometimes just put this on (using my index finger) instead of eyeshadow to save time. 

5. Maybelline 'The Nudes' Eyeshadow Palette - I have been using this palette for a while now and it's a great budget friendly alternative to my Urban Decay 'Naked3' palette that I had been using for years. I just wanted to try something new and I love the neutral tones of this one. It also offers several shimmery and matte shades so you can mix it up. I use the shimmery taupe color all over my lid, then add a mixture of the brown matte colors in my crease and outer corners of my eyes. I'll use a darker shimmery shade in my crease if I want a more dramatic/darker eyeshadow look for going out to dinner, etc. 

6. Maybelline Master Precise Curvy Liquid Eyeliner, Black - I LOVE this eyeliner! It has a felt tip that applies pretty smooth and you can make it as dramatic as you want by either using the thinner edge for a more precise line or the thick edge for a more dramatic line. I only use this on my top eyelid. If I'm going out on a date night, girls night or somewhere special, I'll apply this eyeliner on my bottom waterline for a more dramatic look. 

7. L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise - Hands down the best drug store mascara I've ever tried! I don't even use my lash primer anymore! I just put on one good coat of this stuff and I'm good to go. 

8. Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Define and Fill Duo, Soft Brown - I've been using this for filling in my eyebrows for a while now. Ever since I started using it, I can't NOT fill in my eyebrows everyday! It definitely helps to frame the face. My eye brows are both light and scarce so I use the sponge end to help fill in and shape them. 


FINISHING TOUCHES

9. Maybelline Fit Me Matte Plus Poreless Powder - I use this powder to set my make up. I use this brush under my eye area and along my T zone. Then I use this brush to set the rest of my face. I like using this pressed powder because it is so fine and sets my make up well without feeling too dry/matte and doesn't settle in creases. 

10. Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer - I am officially hooked on this bronzer. It is the perfect bronze shade with a little bit of shimmer to brighten up my face. It also smells like a tropical vacation! 

11. Maybelline Facestudio Master Contour Face Contouring Kit (Light/Medium) - I just recently picked up this contour/blush/highlight palette and I LOVE it! I don't really do a ton of contouring on a daily basis, but I recently started contouring my nose by drawing thin lines with the contour shade on each side of my nose and smoothing them out with this brush. I didn't realize how much of a difference it can make in photos! I also love the blush color and use the highlighting shade on the apples of my cheekes and down the middle of my nose as well. 


LIPS

I just recently picked up 3 new mauve/rosy color lip glosses for fall and I'm loving all of them! I keep the 2 lip glosses in my handbag and I have used the covergirl outlast all day lip color (in the color dusty rose) for date nights or going out to dinner with girl friends (it is also the color I'm wearing in these photos). The Outlast lip color acts similar to lip sense (if you are familiar), but not as intense. You apply the lip color on your lips and let it dry first, then you apply the moisturizing top coat to add some shine. I tried it out one night when I met some friends for dinner and the color definitely lasted all night. I just reapplied the top coat when my lips felt dry.

Lip glosses: L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche leGloss in Really Rosé and Covergirl colorlicious gloss in berrylicious (710)

There you have it! It sounds like a lot, but trust me it does not take a ton of time to do this routine. I feel so much better and am so much more productive during the day when I do my make up. 


Have you tried any of these products? Do you have a daily make up routine?

Shop the post:


2 comments

  1. Such an easy-to-follow makeup routine! I like that it's quick, too. Have you ever tried putting on the Maybelline concealer in Light first and then the brightener? That's what I do, and it really helps to brighten everything up - almost like a highlight under your eyes. Also, what shade of the butter bronzer do you have? I almost bought it the other day, but didn't know whether to go with Light or the regular Bronzer color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, you look SO pretty!! I love that you can get most of these products on a Target run (life necessity.) I have to try that brow filler and concealer immediately!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!