We are getting down to the wire, friends!
I have a little over 6 weeks until my due date! Crazy!
I have one more shower on November 2, but want some advice on a few items we have left to purchase...
1 | We currently have this Pack n Play which comes with a little removable rocking seat and changing station on top. I have heard from a few of my friends with babies that they used this in their bedrooms at night for baby to sleep in. Well, we got it all put together last weekend and put it in our room and I'm realizing how much space it takes up. Our bedroom is not that big as it is and now we have a king sized bed in there. There's hardly enough room to walk around the Pack n Play when it's set up next to the bed. I mean, we can manage for the first month or so...
I have heard from multiple sources that the Fisher Price Rock n Play is a great alternative for newborns to sleep in while bedside. Should we break down and get one instead or try the pack n play for a while?
I like the idea of the pack n play because it has a changing station right there. If we use the rock n play sleeper, do you have to go all the way to the nursery to change diapers? (Yes, I am that lazy and will be even more so on no sleep!)
2 | If we go with the rock n sleeper, do we still then need to get a swing? I have heard that a swing is a MUST have, but the one I want (Snugapuppy Cradle 'N Swing... Gosh I hope this child likes puppies as much as I do!) is big and we have a pretty small family room. I know the mamaRoos have great reviews and are more compact, but are a little more pricey and I just like the Fisher Price ones better for some reason. Any other suggestions??
3 | I am torn with what type of bottles to use. I've got a few Madela brand (that go with my breast pump), but have yet to purchase or receive any others. I have heard so many differing opinions on bottles and it sounds like every baby is a little different with their preference, so I am planning on getting a few different kinds to try out.
My question is, is there one type of bottle sterilizer, warmer, etc that you all recommend? I have the Tommee Tippee bottle warmer and the sterilizer on my registry, but do these fit any bottles? Are there any that fit all brands?
4 | Last, but not least... Strollers.. I have gone back and forth about these! We have not received one as of yet and I've actually changed my mind a few times with what kind to get. I have heard that the car seat stroller frames (or snap n go's) are the best for quick transportation with the car seat, so I have this one on our registry that goes with our car seat. We will definitely be purchasing this before baby arrives. I also want to get a high terrain/jogger stroller at some point. I had this Graco one on our registry for a while, but just changed to the BOB stroller because of how many great reviews it has. It is definitely a little more pricey than the others, but if we can get some good use out of it over the next few years, then it may be worth it.
My question is, can I get by until Spring without purchasing the jogging stroller? Baby is due beginning of December and I doubt I would be able to get out and use it until the weather got warmer around Spring time any way. Can I get by just having the basic stroller frame for the first few months? Any other recommendations?
Ok, I think that's all the questions I have for now!!
Comment away!
