Weekend Recap

Another weekend flew by!
We got a lot accomplished, though which feels good! 

Friday we had our hospital tour. It was great to see where our little peanut will be born. It also makes it that much more real. Definitely a mixture of excitement and anxiety at this point.

After our hospital tour, Bill and I had a little date night. We went to Bravo for dinner and then saw Gone Girl. I had read the book so pretty much knew what was coming. The movie was pretty close to the book for those that have read it. Bill was really mad about the ending lol!


Saturday morning was spent lounging and making breakfast at home. Just wasn't feeling like doing much. We watched the OSU game that started at noon. I had this fur ball on my lap the whole time... I think it's time for Charlie to get groomed again!


Saturday night, we had a double date with Bill's brother and his wife (my new SIL). We went to Local Cantina and had some great food and I even had a virgin Margarita!


Sunday morning was spent organizing the nursery and washing baby clothes! I got all Cam's NB and 0-3 mos clothes washed and put away. 


Sunday afternoon I spent too much money at Target #typical. Bill hung some shelving in the nursery for books. 

Sunday night, I decided to tackle the Panera copycat Autumn Squash soup. Bill's parents gave us a big butternut squash from their garden. I wasn't sure what to do with it, I have never cooked butternut squash before. I decided to make a soup because I love butternut squash / pumpkin soup. I have been craving Panera's autumn squash soup so I found a copycat recipe via Pinterest.



It was a lot of work to peel, chop and roast the butternut squash. Then, I had to puree it in our food processor. I made a few messes, but it turned out really delish!! And I have enough to eat all week!

How was your weekend?

I'm linking up with Biana and Leeann.