{ dress via Pink Blush Maternity }
I can't believe we are at 30 weeks!
That means there are only 10 short weeks (or less) until we meet our little Cam!
I am hoping these next few months just fly by, but at the same time I'm glad I have a few months to get things in order. We have our hospital tour scheduled for Friday and our birthing classes later this month. I am also thinking about signing up for either a breast feeding class or a newborn basics class. I will take all the advice/knowledge I can get!
PS - I passed my glucose test! Yippee!
FACTS
- Baby Cam is between 15.2 and 16.7 inches long and weighs between 2.5 and 3.8 pounds... whoa baby! (Source: The Bump)
- I am currently 30 weeks and 4 days pregnant as of today.
- His skin is getting smoother, but his brain is getting wrinklier - to make way for all that essential brain tissue (Source: The Bump)
- He is strong enough to grip a finger now!
Not so fun things
- Back, neck and hips ache a lot. I am finding that the prenatal yoga does help stretch out some of those sore muscles and helps aline my spine.
- Waking up every 2 hours (no joke) in the night to switch sides. My hips start to ache so bad that it wakes me up :/
- Having to rooooolllll out of bed now... It takes a few minutes lol!
- Tired all day due to lack of sleep.
- Acid reflux is here to stay I think. I feel it after almost every meal. I have to keep some tums on me at all times.
- Out of breath a lot. Especially carrying anything or walking up stairs.
- I can't wear my wedding rings anymore :( It was off an on for a bit, but now they are just a little too tight for comfort... I am very sad about not being able to wear them!
Random things
- I had thought most of my cravings had subsided during my second trimester. Well, as soon as I entered the 3rd, I started craving... get this... ICE! I want to crunch on ice all day. Sometimes I'll just go through a drive through and order an ice water for the perfectly bite sized cubes... I have heard this can mean low iron, but my iron levels came back normal after my glucose test. Who knows?!
- Also craving all things pumpkin and squash! I am normally very excited about these flavors around this time, but I feel like the cravings are heightened because of my pregnancy. I have had Panera's Autumn Squash soup probably at least once a week for the past few weeks!
- The juice craving is also back in full force. I have to have a big glass of OJ in the morning or I don't feel right. I've been drinking Tropicana 50 (reduced calories and sugar) to keep my sugar levels down.
Really awesome things
- Celebrating Cam's first shower with all my good friends! Seriously, that will be the highlight of my month! I also loved going through all his new things and just dreaming about using all of them when he's here. Who knew little babies needed so much stuff?!
- The nursery is coming together! We got the glider in there so I am able to just sit and take it all in. I am also going to be reading to him (in my belly) starting this week. I've heard it is good for him to hear my voice.
- Feeling this little active bug all day long. He is mostly active after my morning cup of Joe, when I drink or eat something sugary and when I drink something cold (or eat ice). Maybe that's why I've been on an ice kick... I just want to feel him move! He is also really active at night which makes me worried that he will be a night owl :/
That's all for this bumpdate!
I will probably try to post one every other week until we hit 36 weeks. Then, things should get really interesting, so I'll be posting weekly.

