Nerdy 30 Party...

Happy Monday loves! Is the weekend really over? Mine went by in a wink!
 
I had fun planning and styling a Nerdy 30 party for a few of my friends this past Saturday. We had a little get together at a friend's house, then had a rented school bus pick us up and take us to a skating rink! It was super fun, but word to the wise... Alcohol and skating may not be the smartest combination. We did have one injury that resulted in a fractured wrist :/ Maybe next time we can provide wrist, knee and elbow pads...and helmets...safety first!
 
On the bright side, everyone looked super nerdy and enjoyed my little decor accents...
 
 
I had a lot of fun crafting for the party! The cupcake toppers are from this etsy shop. They sent me the template, so all I had to do was print and cut out and glue to the sticks. I backed them with light blue colored card stock for a little extra support and so they would keep their shape.
 
The straws were also from etsy. I made the flags by printing the "Nerdy 30" on computer paper and used a paper cutter to cut our each flag. I used a double sided tape roller to adhere the flags to the straws and cut out little triangles on the ends of each for a more "flag" look.
 
This is something I wanted to practice because I'm hoping to do something similar for my wedding with gold and white striped straws. More on that in the near future :)
 
 
I also made little test tub shots with vodka and brightly colored sparkling juice...
 
 
Also got these paper nerd glasses from this etsy shop. Just had to glue them to the sticks!
 
 
Nerd Alert!!
 
Despite the injury, I think everyone had a great time!
 
I'm sad it's over, but ready to tackle my next few event projects!
 
How was your weekend? Did you watch the Oscars? Who was your "best dressed"? Mine was Adele...I'm biased though bc I love her so much! Oh, and Jennifer Lawrence...She's awesome!
 
BTW - Have you entered in my Fabulous Feb Favs Giveaway yet? If not, you totally should! It's pretty amazing...
 
I'm linking up with LeeAnn for Monday Morning Gossip!
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments

  1. I loved seeing your instagrams of the party and party prep this weekend! You did such a great job with everything. It looked so adorable! Glad you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously adorable party/theme! You did a great job!

    XO
    Lacey @ CHARM + Sass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the decorations at the Nerdy 30 party! Good job!
    LOLBeauty @ www.BlushandBeakers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks sooo fun! your instagrams were the best this weekend. love it all girl!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was loving all your Instagram snaps - what a fabulous party and great job with the details!

    xx,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your friends have the best 30th birthdays!!! I wish all the ones I attended had such fun themes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun theme for a 30th birthday party! And all the decorations were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that is too cute! I've never heard of that theme before, but I love it. Almost...almost...makes me ready for my 30th just to have a party like that! Ha :) Glad I found your blog through Monday Morning Gossip. Have a great week!

    -Suzanne
    http://sweetteainthesunshinestate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is seriously the cutest idea for a party! Love the pictures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of Nerdy 30 but LOVE IT! Looks like a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved seeing all of your pictures on IG over the weekend. So adorable! I turn 30 this year. You should fly out to LA and help me plan ;)

    Sorry I'm so late on commenting. Thanks for linking up for Monday Morning Gossip!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!