Happy Valentine's Day lovelies! I am so excited to share with you a very fun and EASY Valentine's Day inspired treat...Rice Krispie Pops!
While I was gathering ideas and inspiration for the Valentine's Day Cookie Party, I came across this image on Pinterest... Heart shaped chocolate dipped Rice Krispie treats? Sign me up! So, you can imagine how happy I was when I found this Rice Krispie Pop Kit at Target for 7 bucks! This kit has everything you need to make the pops. All you need to have on hand is 2 tablespoons of butter {and vegetable oil if you want to use for the melted chocolate, but I didn't}.
Directions:
1 // Melt butter in large sauce pan.
2 // Pour in marshmellows and stir continuously until melted. {Since I cheated and used a kit, I don't have the exact amount of ingredients. The original recipe for Rice Krispie Treats calls for 4 cups of mini marshmellows and 6 cups of Rice Krispies to yeild 12 servings}
3 // Pour in rice krispies and stir.
4 // Transfer mixture to wax paper lined cookie sheet.
5 // Flatten mixture with a spatula or your hands {I suggest spraying your hands with cooking spray, the mixture is very sticky!}. Sheet of mixture should be about 3/4 inches thick.
6 // Using a greased heart shape cookie cutter {that is provided in the kit, but I believe it is about a 2" heart}, cut heart shapes from mixture.
7 // Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until creamy {don't over melt, mixture will get clumpy. My bowl of chocolate took about 1.5 mins}
Side note:: The kit came with milk chocolate melts, but I decided to buy pink chocolate melts to go with the color theme of the party; which were conveniently located next to the rice krispie pop kit in the Valentine's Day section...Gotta love Target's merchandising!
8 // Spear pop sticks into the ends of the krispie hearts, holding it firmly so as to not loose the shape.
9 // Dip one side of the pop in the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to drip extra chocolate until one half of the pop is covered.
7 // Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until creamy {don't over melt, mixture will get clumpy. My bowl of chocolate took about 1.5 mins}
Side note:: The kit came with milk chocolate melts, but I decided to buy pink chocolate melts to go with the color theme of the party; which were conveniently located next to the rice krispie pop kit in the Valentine's Day section...Gotta love Target's merchandising!
8 // Spear pop sticks into the ends of the krispie hearts, holding it firmly so as to not loose the shape.
9 // Dip one side of the pop in the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to drip extra chocolate until one half of the pop is covered.
10 // Place pops on wax paper. Decorate with sprinkles while chocolate is still wet.
11 // Place cookie sheet with pops in the refrigerator for half an hour to cool.
11 // Place cookie sheet with pops in the refrigerator for half an hour to cool.
12 // Serve immediately or wrap with provided cellophane bags and tie with ribbon to give to your favorite Valentines :)
These were the perfect favors to give for the Vday Cookie Party and would also be a festive and easy DIY wedding favor!
{I'm linking up with Katie and Steph for Saw it, Pinned it, Did it. Hop on over and check out some more Pin-teresting projects!}
I am on my way to pick up Bill from the airport this afternoon and making him a delicious little surf and turf for Vday dinner tonight! Wish me luck! Do you have any plans for Vday?
