DIY files // Rice Krispie Pops

Happy Valentine's Day lovelies! I am so excited to share with you a very fun and EASY Valentine's Day inspired treat...Rice Krispie Pops!
 
While I was gathering ideas and inspiration for the Valentine's Day Cookie Party, I came across this image on Pinterest... Heart shaped chocolate dipped Rice Krispie treats? Sign me up! So, you can imagine how happy I was when I found this Rice Krispie Pop Kit at Target for 7 bucks! This kit has everything you need to make the pops. All you need to have on hand is 2 tablespoons of butter {and vegetable oil if you want to use for the melted chocolate, but I didn't}.
 
 
Valentine's Day Rice Krispie Pops DIY
 
 photo ee943b77-bda0-480f-8665-6321b7eb7fa8_zpsf0eeb0b2.jpg
 
Directions:
 
1 // Melt butter in large sauce pan.
2 // Pour in marshmellows and stir continuously until melted. {Since I cheated and used a kit, I don't have the exact amount of ingredients. The original recipe for Rice Krispie Treats calls for 4 cups of mini marshmellows and 6 cups of Rice Krispies to yeild 12 servings}
 
 photo 2f0e4a23-e5ec-4aa0-aa0b-6033e5d41fa5_zpsa0cbc80c.jpg
 
3 // Pour in rice krispies and stir.
4 // Transfer mixture to wax paper lined cookie sheet.
5 // Flatten mixture with a spatula or your hands {I suggest spraying your hands with cooking spray, the mixture is very sticky!}. Sheet of mixture should be about 3/4 inches thick.
 
 photo 4d051ca4-c4b3-470a-8dcd-ca9218e2090e_zps521df4a6.jpg
 
6 //  Using a greased heart shape cookie cutter {that is provided in the kit, but I believe it is about a 2" heart}, cut heart shapes from mixture.
7 // Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until creamy {don't over melt, mixture will get clumpy. My bowl of chocolate took about 1.5 mins}

Side note:: The kit came with milk chocolate melts, but I decided to buy pink chocolate melts to go with the color theme of the party; which were conveniently located next to the rice krispie pop kit in the Valentine's Day section...Gotta love Target's merchandising!

8 // Spear pop sticks into the ends of the krispie hearts, holding it firmly so as to not loose the shape.

9 // Dip one side of the pop in the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to drip extra chocolate until one half of the pop is covered.
 
 photo a05521aa-ba25-4f36-a56f-e2bfb64882c7_zpse03779a1.jpg
 
10 // Place pops on wax paper. Decorate with sprinkles while chocolate is still wet.

11 // Place cookie sheet with pops in the refrigerator for half an hour to cool.
 
 photo fda747b2-8262-4cd4-b6cc-fd14598e37ba_zps0381c01f.jpg
 
12 // Serve immediately or wrap with provided cellophane bags and tie with ribbon to give to your favorite Valentines :)
 
 photo a9b9c395-4df2-4298-ab35-d5fc5fb89e0f_zps952fdf99.jpg

These were the perfect favors to give for the Vday Cookie Party and would also be a festive and easy DIY wedding favor!

{I'm linking up with Katie and Steph for Saw it, Pinned it, Did it. Hop on over and check out some more Pin-teresting projects!}

I am on my way to pick up Bill from the airport this afternoon and making him a delicious little surf and turf for Vday dinner tonight! Wish me luck! Do you have any plans for Vday?

 

11 comments

  1. Those are absolutely adorable! You made them look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! They are pretty easy and fun to make!

      Delete
  2. What a great treat and super cute looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how awesome are the rice krispie pops! plus with the stick you don't have to worry about sticky fingers afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! And they are easier to package as gifts!

      Delete
  4. Such an adorable valentine's treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this idea! Wishing I would have seen it sooner! Maybe for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable! You're making me crave Rice Krispie treats!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!