Our Week in Review

Although, the weekend and beginning of the week were shot due to the plague of 2016, I will say the last half of the week ended quite nicely. 

* We had our paint consultation and I am so excited to get started with the paint process. Since we basically want to paint our entire house, it will take the crew a full week to get it finished once they start. We are hoping to pick out colors and finalize plans this weekend! I think a fresh coat of paint will make a world of difference! (PS - Yes, we hire painters... I guess you can say we aren't big on home DIYs...)


* I have succumb to the Easter candy... I was doing so well with resisting, but that huge seasonal candy isle at Target finally got to me. Anyone else binging on Easter candy this week? Just me?

* I made crock pot chicken nachos this week, which is always a hit around these parts. I simply throw in a few frozen chicken breasts, a jar of salsa and I cut up some extra onions (bc my husband and I both love them). I set the crock pot on low and let it cook for at least 4 hours or so. Then, I shred the chicken with 2 forks. To make the nachos, I pile a plate full of tortilla chips, melt some shredded cheese on top and layer on the shredded chicken, some extra salsa, sour cream, etc. So easy, delicious and filling!

* I decided that our little kitchen area needed some Spring time pep, so I grabbed some pretty flowers from the grocery store and also got these placemats for our kitchen table. Oh, and I picked up this happy mat for our front door. It's amazing what a few little brightly colored decor and fresh flowers will do for your spirit!


* How horrible is it that I did not dress Cam up in anything green yesterday? I have been so focused on his Easter outfit that I completely forgot about St. Patty's day! He seriously only has grey, blue, red and striped clothing in his closet...oops! #momfail

* My parents are in town for the weekend which I am super excited about! We are hoping to even have a date night this weekend while they babysit! It's been too long!

* I'm starting to get really excited about warmer weather. Spring and summer are just around the corner now. Camden can not wait to try out his new pool :)


Hope you all had a great week!

Happy weekend, friends!