Fall Basics || Hunter Boots





hunter boots | leggings (sold out, more options here, here and here) | plaid tunic (perfect with leggings and less than $25) | quilted vest | kate spade watch (similar) | ray bans | nail color essie "after school boy blazer"

Outfit #4 from my fall basics series is pretty much my go-to on rainy fall days! After the few rainy and cold days we had last week and this past weekend, I dusted off my good ol' pair of Hunter boots. I'm so glad I invested in these boots a few years ago. They are the perfect rain/cold weather/winter boots. I'm planning on purchasing a pair of the cable knit sock inserts this winter for more insulation and added warmth.

On another note, let's talk leggings. They are most definitely a fall/winter staple around these parts. Last year at this time I was practically living in my maternity leggings. This year will most likely be no different (non-maternity this year...). The pair I have on I found at Nordstrom Rack for a only $10! I couldn't pass up that deal. They are really comfy and thick enough for fall temps. I am contemplating purchasing this pair because I've read nothing but great reviews on them and the wide waist looks as though it would suck me in be very flattering.

I'm also loving this quilted vest from Old Navy. It's light weight and not too bulky like some other vests I've seen. I feel like the puffer vests may be a bit too bulky on my frame. The vest also comes in an olive green color, which seems to be a trendy color this fall.

I've linked to all items from this outfit (as well as similar pieces) below:



Check out my other outfits in my fall basics series: outfit 1 | outfit 2 | outfit 3

Happy fall shopping!

10 comments

  1. yahh i love my hunter boots too! they need some serious cleaning tho haha xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! Perfect for fall, and do you think the vest is more for show or do you think it helps keep you warm?

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely more for show! I just like the look of the vest over this tunic.

      Delete
    2. By the way, how long is the vest?

      Delete
  3. The perfect outfit for fall! Love my Hunters and yay for $10 leggings :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. $10 for those leggings!? Not going to lie I've been sporting my maternity leggings around the house this last week. They are still so comfortable & I just don't want to go blow money on leggings that aren't going to last or aren't thick enough to not show through. I am bummed the Nordstrom Rack leggings are sold out but, will definitely have to keep an eye out because let's be real, I can't be wearing my maternity ones for forever! LOL! Love your outfit btw! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty much my go-to weekend outfit too!! I love those leggings but that price tag is even better!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hunter boots are a definite must! It took me a while to buy them because of the price tag, but I am SO GLAD I did! I wear them all the time - not just on rainy days! And get those leggings, they're awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most perfect Fall or Winter outfit. I am pretty sure I live in something similar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to purchase a pair of Hunter boots - I'm sure they're a great investment! Loving this whole outfit on you, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!