Did that just happen?!

Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday, but I was still realing with joy after the best Christmas ever because....WE GOT ENGAGED!!!

 
YAY! I am so excited I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend!
 
It happened at his house on Christmas while in my PJs making cheesy potatoes for my family's Christmas dinner. We were babysitting my parent's dog and my dog Louie so that they would not terrorize the guests at my parent's house.
 
Somehow, Bill got Louie into a Santa costume in a bedroom and attached the ring box to his collar with out me hearing or thinking anything...Then, as "Santa Claus is coming to Town" came on que on Pandora, he came out with Louie and the ring and got down on one knee...
 
It was the perfect proposal for us! He included my fluffy son, in our PJs, in front of our 2 favorite food groups (cheese and potatoes)...Perfect!
 
I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with the most wonderful man! I am so lucky!
 
+++
 
Here are a few shots from my Christmas and the Christmas tablescape I styled for our family Christmas dinner!
 
Christmas Eve at my parents' house...
 
Louie and his bow tie on Christmas Eve...
 
Right after the proposal! hehe
 
Popping a bottle of champ {a Christmas gift from his boss} to celebrate in our PJs! :)
 
Louie Claus...
 
A few other gifts I received...
 
"Love" necklace from mom and the ever-so-popular gold polka dot PJs {via Target} from Grandma!
 
New iPhone case {via Nordstrom} from Dad! Also came with a coral color insert, so I can change with my mood/outfit ;)
 
I also received a DSLR Cameras for Dummies book and some cash towards my new camera savings account! I think the purchase is happening pretty soon and I can't wait to start learning how to take better photos for the blog-site and personal use!
 
+++
 
And now, here are some photos of the Christmas tablescape I styled for my family's Christmas dinner...
 
 
 
I made the three gold fringe trees and used a tooth pick to attach the sequined ball to the top of each. I found the sequin balls at Michael's. I cut some greenery from my parents back yard to add some pine green to balance out all the gold. The brass candle sticks are vintage from my mom that my Dad polished up for me. The gold and cream chevron table runner is from Paper Source! I got a 50 foot roll for $30 {not including shipping}! So, you may see this used in other projects in the future ;)
 
Pine tree in my parents back yard...
 

 
 
 
I got the gold bow napkin rings from Target - 8 for $16 {not including shipping}! I can't find them on the website anymore, so they must have sold out. I did see some in the store right before Christmas so they may be on clearance now?
 
The dishes are my Mom's Haviland dishes that have been passed down my family. We only eat off of these on Christmas and Easter. I had to incorporate them in the theme! I love the gold trim and detail!
 
I love mixing something new and modern with vintage details. I added a spring of pine to each place setting for a little something extra :)
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday filled with family, friends, laughter and love! I know I did!
 
 
 

4 comments

  1. wow wow what wonderful news!! congrats on the engagement, beautiful ring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congrats on the engagement & I absolutely loveeeeee that iphone case! Your ring looks gorgeous! And the tablescape is sooooo adorable!!! <3

    xoxo, Nicole Rene
    Simply Savannah Events

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your engagement!!!! I LOVED wedding planning so much and you're so crafty and creative I can't wait to see what you plan! When I got married Pinterest didn't exist and barely any wedding blogs/websites so I totally wish I could do it again haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS your table looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!