Guest Post:: 12 Days of Christmas Crafts // #10 No Sew Ruffle Tree Skirt

Christmas Craft #10 comes from Katie via Keep Calm and Carry On. Not only one of my favorite blogs to read, but also a fellow Ohio-ian (that's a word, right?). Take it away, Katie!

+++


 

Hi there.
Nice to "meet" you all! :)

I'm Katie from Keep Calm and Carry On.
This week for Lindsay's fabulous blog I'm sharing one of my favorite DIY projects I've done!
 My No Sew Ruffle Christmas Tree Skirt...which is perfect for the holidays and if you can't find a tree skirt you are in love with (or don't want to shell out big money to do so...)

I saw a similar version on Pinterest (typical, right?) and knew I needed to re-create it in my own way to put in our household. Burlap and ruffles are a winning combination in my book, so I decided to use burlap and red fabric.

No Sew Ruffled Christmas Tree Skirt:

You'll need-
-old tree skirt (to use as a base)
-fabric cut into 2 1/2" wide strips: I used approximately 2 yards of each fabric
-hot glue gun and glue sticks (lots of 'em!!) 


What you do-
First, you get your game face on.
Then, you lay out your old tree skirt.

Try and distract any furry animals in your home that are desperate for attention.
Or just try to get them off your tree skirt so you can work...



Cut your fabric into strips.

Start at the bottom of your skirt and by the edge where your opening is. Start gluing small sections as you go creating ruffles and gluing them down.








Continue to make layers and gluing down the fabric. 
Trim up any messed up spots and don't worry, it won't be perfect but you won't be able to tell when it's finished.




Ba-da-bing. Ba-da-BOOM.
You're done!

Making this type of tree skirt is really easy, but just make sure you have a lot of glue sticks on hand.
Like 20. or maybe 30. ;)

Thank you for having me, Lindsay!
Hope to see you all soon over on my blog.

3 comments

  1. thanks for having me on your adorable blog Lindsay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for guest posting for me! Love this DIY! :)

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I'm not sure if I saw this on her blog or somewhere else - but I saw something similar the other day. So many crafty blogging ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!