Why I Love Shopping Online


I do about 90% of my shopping online these days. As a working mother of 2 little ones, I find it hard to carve out the time to actually go to stores or the mall to try on clothes, beauty products, accessories, etc. I mean, have you tried on clothes in a dressing room with a toddler before? Yea... Not my idea of a good time! I'd much rather try on clothes in the comfort of my own home on my own time (aka nap time).

I have had a lot of great success with buying the bulk of my wardrobe online. Stores like Nordstrom, Old Navy, Target and online shops like Amazon, Shopbop and ASOS have made it very easy on the consumer to shop items on their websites and make it even easier to return items if need be. Almost all of these shops offer free shipping as well!

I think that is the main hang up as to why people don't shop online. You may be worried about if you need to return an item. Well, I'm here to tell you it is so easy! Nordstrom, for example, includes a return shipping address label and the correct paperwork needed to return any item purchased online. You can even use the same packaging the item(s) were sent in to send back and shipping/returns are always FREE!

Here are my top favorite online shops:

1. Nordstrom | They offer FREE shipping and returns on all orders. It's a no brainer. I also have a Nordstrom debit card to gain early access to sales and to collect double points towards their rewards program. There are so many benefits to being a Nordstrom card member! Learn more here. (this post is not sponsored). I know a lot of people think that Nordstrom only sells high end/designer brands, but that is so not the case! There are so many great, quality brands that are not expensive. In fact, the average price per item from my orders is typically around $30!

2. Amazon | As an Amazon Prime member, I get free 2 day shipping on so many items! That is the main reason I signed up for prime, but there are also so many other benefits (photo storage, music, amazon video/tv/movies, etc). And you'd be surprised how easy it is to return an item from Amazon. It is basically the same process as Nordstrom. You can print off the return label from your account and use the same packaging to return the item. If it fits in your malibox, you can return it that way! I have yet to try ordering groceries via amazon, but I have friends that do and say they love the convenience!

3. Old Navy/Gap | Old Navy and Gap are my go-to stores for my basic, everyday staple wardrobe items. They are always running great sales and provide a lot of benefits for store card holders as well. This is the one store credit card I own. I've kept it because it allows me to qualify for free shipping with orders over $50 and I am constantly earning points towards my next purchase.

4. Target | Oh, Target. You just 'get' me! This is the one place I probably shop more at the actual brick and mortar more so than online, but there are so many perks to shopping online as well. I have a Target debit card, so I get 5% off on each order/purchase and free shipping on all orders! Sometimes their really cute seasonal decor items sell out quickly in the store or if I find a cute sweater or top, but they are out of my size I always order online when I get home.

6. Etsy | Etsy is my go to online shop for unique baby items/clothing, gifts, home decor and more! I love that you can direct message the sellers with questions about the items to ensure quality and accuracy of your order. You can also request a refund if you are not satisfied with your order. If there is a dispute with your order, etsy will submit a refund from the seller as well.


Honorable Mentions:
Shopbob (free 3 day shipping and free returns. AND Amazon Prime elegible! They always have great sales too!)
ASOS (standard shipping free with orders over $40 or 2 day shipping free with orders over $140! Free returns. They also have a great selection of maternity wear!)
H&M (free shipping with orders over $40 with code 0400. Free returns in stores. Next day delivery for $24.99)
Rent the Runway (This site is great for special events, weddings, etc! SO easy to return items after rental!)

Do you shop online? What are some of your favorite online shops?

8 comments

  1. Your stores are the same as mine as far as favorites go. I do a lot of Amazon shopping, but for clothes and shoes, I like to have a store I can visit to return or call if there's an issue. Nordstrom is so easy, but that's why I stay away from shopbop. I also find a lot of my clothes and shoes at tj Maxx, Nordstrom rack, so I try and stay away from online retail or I would lose all of my money! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love shopping online with Nordstrom. If there's an issue with an item, they have great customer service you can call or chat online. And they make it so easy to return! I also like going to stores and trying on things, but I find it hard to find the time these days!

      Delete
  2. I'm the exact same way!! I like to wander through Target or the mall sometimes, but I can't remember the last time I tried anything on in an actual store. Probably in June before the babies were born, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, online shopping all the way! Our closest mall is 40+ minutes away, so I'd much rather have everything delivered straight to my doorstep. All of your favorite stores are mine, too. They make everything so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES to shopping online for EVERYTHING. I buy most of our groceries online too because it's just so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. free+shipping
    Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this informative blog.
    Take a look our newly launched website www.getinhours.com which is best known for shower heads and faucets, Water Closet, and much more. You can also buy online sintex water tank at Get In Hours. Visit http://www.getinhours.com for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing valuable information about "why i love shopping online"....keep it up....Go to online shopping for mobile covers, t-shirt for mens & womens, coffee mugs, beer mugs, vodka shot and sunglasses for mens & womens....Click Here : Crazy Beta

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!