Well, it's May! Can you believe it? The weather is finally feeling like Spring around these Columbus parts and I'm loving every minute of it {except my allergies are killing me, but trying to focus on the positive}.
I thought I'd start this month off with a little list of goals. I think it makes sense to start small, baby steps with goals so they don't seem so unattainable. So, I may be starting a monthly goal post for the 1st of the month.
First off, I do want to share some big news with you....I got a Camera! Nikon D5100! It's a beaut! After almost a year and a half of blogging, this has been on my wish list and I finally took the plunge. My blog has somewhat morphed into DIY and event projects that I like to capture and share, but the iPhone pics just weren't doing them justice. Please be patient with me while I learn to use this new beast! I'm excited to capture some fun images of my Cinco de Mayo dinner party tonight!
Ok, now back to the goals...
1 // Work out EVERYDAY...That's right, I said everyday. I have heard of this challenge called "Everyday in May" where someone ran every single day in the month of May. Well, I may not be running everyday, but the plan is to get at least a half an hour in of exercise a day. There should be no excuse to not save 30 mins a day to devote to my physical health and well being. No excuses!
2 // Prepare meals or at least have a meal plan every week. This is my biggest issue with dieting. Not that I'm on any kind of strict diet at the moment, but I am trying to be conscious of what I'm eating. Sometimes I forget about making lunch until my stomach starts to growl in the afternoon, but I don't want to stop what I'm working on to make anything. So, I end up just making something quick and dirty or going to Subway. Not that Subway is bad, but I would like to have a quick, easy and healthy meal at home if possible.
3 // No frivolous spending! The camera was the big purchase for the month {well, for the next few months!}. It is something I have wanted for a long time and finally felt like I could afford it. I am still on track for the NO SHOPPING FOR 3 MONTHS challenge and have not spent money on clothes or accessories in over a month. The only things I will be spending money on this month {besides the basics} are the upcoming shower I am helping to plan and style, any of my wedding needs and Mother's Day gifts :)
That's all I have for now...Not too bad, right?
What are your goals for May?
2 // Prepare meals or at least have a meal plan every week. This is my biggest issue with dieting. Not that I'm on any kind of strict diet at the moment, but I am trying to be conscious of what I'm eating. Sometimes I forget about making lunch until my stomach starts to growl in the afternoon, but I don't want to stop what I'm working on to make anything. So, I end up just making something quick and dirty or going to Subway. Not that Subway is bad, but I would like to have a quick, easy and healthy meal at home if possible.
3 // No frivolous spending! The camera was the big purchase for the month {well, for the next few months!}. It is something I have wanted for a long time and finally felt like I could afford it. I am still on track for the NO SHOPPING FOR 3 MONTHS challenge and have not spent money on clothes or accessories in over a month. The only things I will be spending money on this month {besides the basics} are the upcoming shower I am helping to plan and style, any of my wedding needs and Mother's Day gifts :)
That's all I have for now...Not too bad, right?
What are your goals for May?
